Applications for the Premedical Postbaccalaureate Program are submitted online through the UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium website. Applications for the 2018-19 program will be accepted beginning January 2018 and will be reviewed on a rolling admission basis. A complete application must be submitted by the deadline.
- Deadline for first-time applicants is March 14, 2018.
- Deadline for reapplicants is May 2, 2018.
Applicants should review the Instructions for Supporting Documents at the consortium website. The required supporting documents include:
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts.
- For reapplicants, a copy of your verified AMCAS application.
There is no fee to apply to the program.
The Premedical Postbaccalaureate Program is open to any graduate of an accredited United States college or university. In addition, applicants must:
- Be a resident of California.
- Be considered an educationally and/or socio-economically disadvantaged student, and/or show evidence of a commitment to practice in a medically underserved community.
- Have completed all or most (minus one or two courses) of the prerequisite coursework for medical school.
- Have a minimum undergraduate science GPA of 2.7.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university by June 2018.
- If you have taken the MCAT, have a minimum MCAT composite score of 492 (for the old MCAT, a composite score of 18).
Program Cost & Financial Aid
Participants are responsible for costs incurred during the academic year, including room and board, tuition/fees and related educational expenses. For the summer component, the program will provide a stipend to help with the cost of room and board, an MCAT prep course, and workshops.
The PPP staff will work with students to connect with the Office of Financial Aid to obtain student loans. A financial aid and budget management workshop is offered during the summer component.